Summer is here and we know how humid it can get here in our sunny island. Your hair and scalp requires constant maintenance and as the old saying goes, you are what you eat.
Hair care through food provides the necessary nutrients not just for beautiful tresses, but it is also highly beneficial to our overall health and body too.
Today we share a fun and delicious recipe to beat the heat and also care for your hair.
A Simple Recipe
This Popsicle is a simple 3 ingredient recipe that you can prepare at home within few hours. These 3 ingredients are great agents to take care of your hair, filled with nutritional goodness, and the best part? They are readily available from the local markets!
Blueberries are yummy and nutritious especially for your hair. Packed with anti-oxidants, they are said to keep your hair and skin from aging. Thus, it nourishes and helps you maintain your hair. Blueberries are also rich in Vitamin K which is essential for good hair health as well as improving blood circulation.
Not a fan of blueberries? You can also try other berries such as Strawberries, Blackberries or Cherries!
Honey or Agave
The second ingredient is honey or agave. You may have heard of DIY honey home treatments that require you to apply honey to your hair. Alternatively, consuming honey builds your scalp and hair too in the long run.
Yogurt has always been a useful hair loss treatment agent. It provides your hair with valuable proteins and gives more shine to the hair whereas its soothing effect keeps your scalp cool. We will be using flavored Greek Yogurt for added health benefits. You can also choose any flavor you like.
- Take two cups of blue berries and blend them at high speed. Turn them into a smoothie like substance as it will get maximum extracts out of the fruits.
- Take two tbsp of honey or agave and two cups of yogurt and stir the blue berry mix with it. To get better texture, do not blend the whole thing completely. Keep the white and blue patches preserved.
- Take Popsicle molds and pour the mixture. If there is a slot for popsicle sticks, insert it into the mold before freezing.
- Freeze overnight or at least 6 to 8 hours.
- Run warm water over the mold to take out the Popsicle and enjoy your home made ice cream.