Hair Care Guide for Wavy/Curly Hair
Embrace your curls and ride on the waves! Whether it be natural waves or chemically permed hair, curls evoke a romantic and timeless look, minus the daily heat styling required.
To maintain longer lasting bounce and definition, a little tweak into your lifestyle goes a long way. Here is a detailed guide on how to care for your wavy or curly hair.
Unbeatable curly hair care rules
- Keep your hair moisturized at all times, using leave-in conditioners or a trichologist-approved hydrating product, like the ADV Hydration Cream.
- While sleeping, use a satin case for your pillow.
- Use products with herb extracts and natural ingredients
- Detangle regularly with a wide-toothed comb and a detangling spray.
- Go for a hair spa every once in a while for deep conditioning.
- Limit exposure to heat-based tools, as they can zap out moisture from the scalp and hair.
- If you are seeing signs of increased hair fall from chemical processes such as perming, seek hair loss treatment as soon as possible. Get a complimentary consultation with trichologist-trained professionals.
Select the right daily essentials
Proper care is needed to keep wavy hair smooth and frizz-free. The first step to this is selecting the right daily essentials, beginning with your choice of shampoo and home care treatment masks.
Ingredients such as pea or soy aids in managing your hair while retaining moisture.
A setting spray comes handy when styling, but argan oil provides natural protection, perfect for a touch-up during the day. The ADV Argan Oil Treatment is an award winning product from PHS HAIRSCIENCE. It adds shine to tresses and tames frizz.
Split-ends and lifeless hair are a constant problem with curly hair. Regular trims can help you avoid these problems, avoiding lifeless limps!
Caring for permed hair
Hair care for permed hair is different from caring for natural curls. Here is how to do it:
- Wait for at least 48 hours to wash your hair after a perm. Your hair will be fragile and is still adjusting to the chemicals used.
- Use shampoos and conditioners designed for chemically-treated hair.
- Stylists are often wary of washing permed hair, but it can be safely done twice a week.
- Moisturizing permed hair is important. Invest in a good conditioner and get hair spa on a monthly basis.
- Drying with a towel can ruin your curls. Use an old t-shirt to dab and dry them naturally. Avoid using a blow dryer or vigorous towel drying.