Causes & Treatment for Damaged Hair
It is a common misconception that dry hair is a naturally occurring hair type. Sometimes hair can become dry and brittle from colorants, sun exposure, or even just day-to-day wear and tear. An intensive hair mask will work wonders on dry locks, which is why we did the leg-work so you don’t have to! Check out our tips on caring for damaged hair & what causes it.
Reduced oil production in the scalp
Choosing a shampoo adapted to your hair type will have an especially large effect on your hair care results. Hair depends on the oils produced by the sebaceous glands for nourishment and lubrication. These oils are produced in the hair root and help it to retain its lustre. Reduced oil production can turn the hair dry and render it lifeless. This can happen as the body ages, or get triggered by irregular washing and lack of care. The dry scalp eventually peels off, resulting in flakes and dandruff. In such cases, shampooing on alternate days with a scalp shampoo for itchy hair, such as the ADV Purify Shampoo, is recommended.
3 Common Causes Of Damaged Hair
- Excessive hair styling are to be blamed for damaged hair. Many women blow-dry after using alcohol-based styling products, severely drying out the scalp.
- Hair dyes are full of pigment and lack protective elements, leading to irritation and hair damage.
- Shampooing everyday can strip the scalp of its natural moisture.
Maintaining good overall health can help damaged hair get healthy along with the rest of your being. As with your entire body, your hair is affected by what you eat and drink. Make sure to consume lots of water, vitamins and essential nutrients. A diet rich in lean meats and other proteins, vegetables, fruits and low-fat dairy help keeps hair happy.
Trim your hair every six to eight weeks
Not only does trimming your hair get rid of split ends, but it encourages your hair to grow. If you don’t trim your hair regularly, the damage will creep further and further up the hair shaft, causing even more damage.
Advantage of Treatment
If your hair feels like damaged goods, stir up your routine with a hot oil treatment. Do not rely on quick fixes and home remedies to treat this condition as it might deteriorate the condition. Best to visit the hair professionals get a proper treatment. However, there are a few things to remember if you have dry and damaged hair:
– Stop damaging styling treatments right away. Avoid heat styling tools, like hot rollers, curling irons, straighteners and the like.
– Dyeing, highlighting, and bleaching are just as damaging. However, if you must go for dyeing, use salon-quality dyes.
– Make sure you are shampooing with an anti-dandruff shampoo, such as the ADV Purify Shampoo. Follow up with a conditioner – take a dime-sized amount and apply it to the strands. The ADV Argan Oil Conditioner is formulated for dry and damaged hair.
The Power of Miracle Oil Therapy
Hair product brands regularly come up with Oil-based formulations for dry and damaged hair. However, these can often leave silicone residue on the scalp, which can aggravate your hair condition further. The Miracle Oil Treatment from PHS HAIRSCIENCE offers a specialized treatment program for dry hair and scalp. The treatment uses natural ingredients and essential oils to reinvigorate the scalp. Soft and shiny hair takes a bit of effort. Proper hair care is the only way for both men and women to get shiny, silky and smooth hair. Book your appointment now!